The American Nurses Association has published “Nurse Staffing 101: A Decision-making Guide for the RN,” a guide for nurses responsible for staffing or anyone else interested in nurse staffing issues. The book covers the following questions:
- Historical and political setting of safe staffing
- Workplace, safety, and quality considerations
- Examples of professional nursing practice models
- Staffing at the organizational level in terms of workload variances
- Current practices and possible solutions for determining and achieving the requisite staffing levels and measurable quality outcomes
I will be ordering a copy myself as this is hot issue, especially in Texas with Safe Harbor protections and potential staffing legislation in the future.
Full Disclosure: This is not an affiliate link and I do not receive any money from linking to this site. However, I am a member of the ANA.